ENRICH Clinic is a specialist cosmetic and dermatology clinic experienced in the treatment of acne and associated acne scarring. Laser treatments for acne scarring are amongst some of the options we provide in the treatment and removal of acne scars. Contact us today to secure an appointment with one of our experienced doctors.
What is acne? Laser treatment for acne scarring
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition that is most common amongst teenagers and adolescents but can affect people of all ages. It occurs when the hair follicles become blocked with dead skin cells. Acne often presents itself as whiteheads, blackheads or pimples and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders.
What causes acne scarring?
Acne scars are permanent textural changes, marks and indentations that occur on the skin following severe acne. They are distinct from the temporary red or brown marks that might show soon after acne has resolved. These marks will often disappear with the use of good skincare and do not require treatment.
There are several kinds of acne scars:
- Box car acne scars – defined edge depressions
- Ice pick acne scars – deep and narrow scars
- Rolling, atrophic and depressed acne scars – undulations and depressions in the skin
- Mixed acne scars – the most common form of acne scar is often a mixture of box car and ice pick scarring
- Red acne scars – red areas commonly seen as an early result of acne scarring and will often fade with time. Vascular laser treatments may also be used.
- Lumpy hypertrophic and keloid scars – lumpy, red scars most commonly occurring around the jawline, neck, chest and back areas.
Laser treatments for acne scarring
ENRICH Clinic is home to several effective laser treatments for acne scarring. Radio frequency devices and lasers can be used to target skin cells at a deeper level, working to strengthen and support skin cells and structure. Radio frequency treatments have the added benefit of killing bacteria and improving overall skin tone and texture. Laser treatments work by either stimulating collagen producing cells and collagen or ablating the skin surrounding the scar, evening out the surface of the skin.
ENRICH Clinic understands
Acne may be caused by various factors, including hormonal or environmental changes. At ENRICH Clinic, we treat the individual as well as the issue and will help you to best understand your treatment options. Our team will help you to identify other factors that may assist in the treatment of your acne or acne scarring, including lifestyle changes and appropriate skin care.
Are acne scars a problem for you? Contact us to arrange your initial consultation and let us help you to look and feel your best