When liposuction is performed on the breast, it can offer not only breast-fat reductions, but a breast lift too.
Contrary to popular belief, when fat is removed from the breast, the skin doesn’t sag, but instead tends to retract naturally without the extra weight.
Tumescent liposuction is a technique used in modern liposuction procedures that reduces pain, bruising, swelling, and recovery times.
The breast-reduction liposuction procedure is performed using tiny tubes, which is far less invasive than other surgical breast reduction techniques. There are few incisions, and a special anaesthetic liquid helps soften fat and quells bleeding before it can begin.
The benefits of a liposuction breast reduction
- Return to normal activities quickly (in two or three days)
- Virtually no scarring
- Reduce breast by up to half
- Lift the breast naturally
- Keep your natural breast shape
- Eliminate breast-related back pain
- Reduce or eliminate breast chafing and sweating
- Improve posture
- Find comfortable, beautiful bras that fit
- Have a smoother, more balanced body contour
- Start doing activities that large breasts prevent
- Improve body confidence
- Possibility of local anaesthetic (instead of general)
- Virtually pain-free procedure
- Minimal risks from proven liposuction techniques
Healing from a liposuction breast reduction
Swelling decreases over the weeks following surgery, taking up to several months to completely subside to reveal the new and improved breast. Bruising tends to be minimal due only a little bleeding. The breast might feel lumpy for a few weeks, which is normal.
You will be required to wear compression garments for weeks, which compresses the area, and aids healing and reduces swelling and pain. As the area affects the breath, the garments may need to be adjustable. The small incisions are left open to encourage drainage of extra fluids.
You’re in good hands
Dr Michael Rich is the liposuction surgeon at ENRICH and an Australian liposuction pioneer. You are in the best of hands, with state-of-the-art equipment and the most effective, efficient and proven techniques in breast-reduction liposuction in the world.
To find out more about breast-reduction liposuction, a consultation will be necessary to establish your needs. It may be that another technique would be more suitable for your body, but Dr Rich will discuss this with you at your appointment.
We can help.