Nail fungus, also known as onychomycosis and tinea unguium, is a common condition. It causes the toenail to become yellow or discoloured. As the infection advances, the nail becomes thick, brittle and separates from the nail bed, becoming painful and unsightly.
Treatment for toenail fungus with Genesis Nd:YAG
At ENRICH, we use the GenesisPlus, a Nd:YAG 1064nm laser, that has been cleared by the FDA to be both a safe and effective treatment for the treatment of nail infection.
What happens during treatment?
- Depending on how many toes are affected, the procedure can take up to 30 minutes, with four treatments usually required at four-week intervals.
- During treatment most patients experience a warm feeling in the toes.
When are results visible?
- Results are gradual because nails grow slowly, with a new clear nail appearing within 6 to 12 months.
- Most patients experience at least some improvement.
- Nail infection should improve following treatment, but ongoing home care techniques are required to reduce recurrence of the infection.