The UltraPulse uses fractional laser technology to effectively resurface the skin with fewer risks and less downtime than traditional CO2 lasers.
The laser resurfacing procedure:
- Anaesthesia for the treatment will depend on the energy and handpieces used for treatment. If needed, it will be applied for 30 minutes pre-procedure.
- The treatment will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Goggles will be provided to the patient and laser practitioner to protect eyes from the laser light.
- The treated areas will be given a cooling gel immediately after treatment to reduce patient discomfort.
Recovery from laser skin resurfacing:
- Full recovery takes approximately 4-14 days depending on the energy level used in treatment.
- Swelling of the eyes/face may occur for a few days, sleeping a little more upright can help to reduce this.
- Scabbing, peeling and flaking may occur for a week.
- Antiviral medications or antibiotics may be prescribed.
- The skin can appear red after treatment. This usually subsides within four weeks.