What is the Erbium Laser?
At ENRICH, we offer microdermabrasion by the Asclepion Erbium Laser, a cutting-edge technology that is new to Australia. ENRICH is the first clinic in Australia to offer this technology. The Erbium Laser can be used in a minimally ablative manner requiring little to no downtime compared to other deep peels or lasers.
What does Erbium micro-dermabrasion do?
The procedure gently removes the top layer of skin, polishing and smoothing the skin and stimulating collagen renewal. This helps to rejuvenate the texture and tone of the skin.
What is it for?
- Signs of photoaging, including fine lines caused by sun damage
- Improvement of mild acne scarring and surface imperfections
What happens during treatment?
- A topical anaesthetic cream is applied one hour prior to treatment to minimise discomfort.
- Protective eyewear is worn by both patient and the ENRICH specialist nurse.
- During the procedure, the laser is passed over the skin, especially in areas of damaged skin cells and or wrinkles.
- The beam from the laser penetrates the upper layer of skin, removing only the outer dead skin cells.
- As the skin is numb, no discomfort is felt, however a ‘popping noise’ from the laser can be heard.
- After treatment, a cream will be applied to soothe the skin and to keep the skin from drying out.
- The skin usually appears grey, pink or red, depending on the number of times the laser passes over the treated areas.
- Any redness usually settles within 24 hours.
- Rarely, slight scabbing may occur, this usually settles within a few days.
- After the first few days, non-irritating moisturisers may be used. (Nurses will recommend a suitable cream.)
- Sunscreen application is important after any treatment.
- Makeup can usually be worn the day after treatment.
When are results visible?
The texture of the skin is visibly improved almost immediately.
Although uncommon, hyperpigmentation (increased pigmentation) can result after treatment. This is not usually significant and can be treated should it occur. Risk is assessed and discussed prior to treatment.
Want a better complexion?
We can help.