- Non-surgical management
- Treatment of rosacea may inhibit the progression of rhinophyma, but this has not been conclusively confirmed.
- Topical medications or solutions may be tried initially.
- Topical retinoids.
- Oral tetracycline antibiotics.
- Oral isotretinoin is the most effective medical treatment, and can reduce some of the bulk of rhinophyma.
- Surgical treatment
- Although there are a few different surgical options, Dr Rich, with his years of experience, prefers to start with the Ultrapulse CO2 laser followed by the Erbium laser to de-bulk and reshape the tissue of the nose.
- Laser resurfacing using Erbium and CO2 lasers is a technique that involves removing the damaged outer layers of the skin.
- Because the procedure is actual laser resurfacing, it is an invasive – but highly effective – treatment requiring 7-10 days . The nose can be red for some time.
Get your nose back.