What is the Portrait?
Portrait® uses a novel technology called Plasma Energy, with unique capabilities. It is the only treatment actually proven to stimulate collagen, both at the skin surface and in the deeper layers, for as long as 12 months after treatment.
It has the unique advantage of tackling all facets of the ageing face at the one time, without the lengthy downtime or risks associated with deeper laser resurfacing.
In a single procedure, Portrait Plasma energy has demonstrated unparalleled improvement in:
What areas are suitable for Portrait?
Portrait is used on the face and neck and is particularly effective for tightening loose skin of the eyelids and reducing lines around the eyes.
The unique and significant advantage of plasma energy is that heat stimulates remodeling of the skin’s structure, replacing old damaged collagen with significant amounts of new collagen.
What happens during treatment?
A numbing treatment is initially applied to minimise discomfort.
- To deliver the best results, the treatment is tailored to the depth appropriate for each individual.
- Following the Portrait treatment, there is an immediate period of discomfort as the energy of the treatment dissipates in the skin.
- The skin will feel very hot and tight.
- Slowly the skin will cool over the next 30 minutes or so.
- You will be given a cooling system for your comfort and may leave the clinic when comfortable.
Some initial swelling and oozing will occur in the first few days.
- After the initial healing at around day 8-10, the skin will be fairly red and camouflage make-up may be worn to mask this.
- The skin will slowly return to a normal colour over a period of several weeks.
When are results visible?
Skin tightening occurs after 6-8 weeks and can continue for up to 12 months.
Want to be tighter and smoother?
We can help.