It can be difficult trying to evaluate the pros and cons of the different fat-removal techniques available to you. The following types of fat removal are long-lasting, so the best way to get the answers you seek is to set an appointment with your trusted cosmetic doctor who will have recommendations for you based on your aesthetic goals, fat distribution, body shape, and skin type.
Fat freezing versus liposuction
This is the first major question since fat freezing is a non-surgical fat removal technique, but liposuction can have smoother results with a greater reduction in fat deposits. The point is, it really depends on your goals and needs.
Coolsculpt, Clatuu or Cooltech?
Fat-freezing devices come in serveral forms. Three of the most prominent are Coolsculpting, the Clatuu and Cooltech.
ENRICH clinic, for many years, used the Clatuu, because we believed it a better, more efficient device, giving our clients excellent results in a shorter amount of time. Whilst still a solid treatment, it has in our opinion, since been superseded by Cooltech.
The Cooltech fat-freezing device is the new kid on the block and offers multiple handpieces to perform the Cooltech fat reduction treatment. Cooltech is at the forefront of cryolipolysis treatments, allowing patients to reduce fat deposits in any outer area of the body without surgery. Six styles of the applicator (10 separate handpieces) treat every area of the body.
This doesn’t mean that the Coolsculpt won’t do what you want: it will, but it takes longer because it only has a single device head and requires more treatments. This is why we unequivocally prefer Cooltech.
The pros and cons of fat-freezing versus liposuction
The main difference in outcomes is that more fat can be removed with liposuction than fat freezing. The treatments are quite different, however, including in the price.
Fat-freezing pros and cons
- Clatuu has a dual head allows two areas to be treated at the same time (Coolsculpting only has one head)
- Cooltech has 10 separate handpieces to cover most areas of the body
- Relatively cheap (Coolsculpting tends to cost more)
- No downtime
- Two treatment cycles of Clatuu & Cooltech offers up to 25 per cent fat reduction (Coolsculpting requires more time per treatment, so ultimately half as much fat removal per treatment)
- Option for those who can’t undergo surgery
- Can have irregular results
Liposuction pros and cons
- One treatment required for on average a 40-50 per cent fat reduction
- Better body contouring
- See results faster
- Use liposuction with other skin-tightening procedures (like the ThermiTight)
- Recovery is bumpier – swelling, pressure garments required
- Surgical – requires incisions
- Tumescent liposuction (which we use) is considered very safe compared with other liposuction methods
- Large-volume liposuction may be appropriate
- Dr Rich is a liposuction pioneer in Australia, and you can expect excellent results
Cooltech fat freezing and Cooltech fat reduction treatments
The Cooltech fat-freezing device is the new kid on the block and offers multiple handpieces to perform the Cooltech fat reduction treatment.
Cooltech is at the forefront of cryolipolysis treatments, allowing patients to reduce fat deposits in any area of the body without surgery. Six styles of the applicator (10 separate handpieces) treat every area of the body.
None of the procedures is a weight-loss tool but is for body sculpting. If you have a lot of loose skin or other irregularities, a combination of treatments or a different treatment may be more appropriate. Speak to your cosmetic doctor for the full range of options for your aesthetic goals.
We have a great range of body sculpting treatments.